Saturday, September 6, 2008

MusicFestNW Day3- Discovery and Dissapointment

Day 3 started well enough. Trucked over to the VERY humid Wonder Ballroom for a great set from Boise-born Indie Legends Built To Spill. They were playing thier album Perfect From Now On in it's entirety and it was fantastic.

From there it was up to Towne Lounge where I discovered what could be one of my new favorite bands. Andy Combs and the Moth. A fantastic Tom Waits-esque band with the interesting musical line-up of Guitar, Bass, Drums, Accordian, Trumpet, Xylophone and numerous other Percussion instruments including a JAWBONE OF AN ASS! Seriously, it really is a Jawbone of an Ass, it makes a great crashing sound.

From there came the dissapointing part of the evening. First, we missed out on TV on the Radio due to The Roseland being well past full capacity.

From there we decided to hit up Jimmy Mak's for Velella Velella. Now I had never heard the band but was intrigued because a) they are originally Spokanites like myself and b) Recently scored a record deal with the HUSH label.

What ensued was a horribly jumbled and discombobulated Hipster/Frat Boy attempt and "Indie" dance music that made me sick. And the worst was everyone in the bar seemed to buy into their bullshit. Frustrating.

Today should prove to be more fulfilling. First it's a VIP party at The Fez with my good pals Lincoln's Beard among others. Followed by an Ass Ton of Rockabilly goodness at Slabtown.

1 comment:

wsuarmywife said...

Hey, I thought you might enjoy this blog...I've been cracking up ever since I found it. Enjoy, dork! :) http://lunn65.blogspot.com/