Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Okay, so occasionally I am an asshole

So passing a co-worker in the hall today I unfortunately put my foot very deep into my cavernous mouth.

Now said co-worker is a friend, a friend I have no problem joking around with but that backfired a tad.

Passing her in the hall she was running her finger at the bottom of her nose in an attempt to scratch an itch I presume. So I figured it was perfect time to kid with her a bit.

Her is the conversation verbatim:

Matt: "What's up, you blowing rails in the back office?"

Co-Worker: "Huh?"

Matt: "Blowin Rails!"

Co-Worker: "Oh you mean Cocaine"

Matt: "Yeah, I was kidding you because you were scratching your nose"

Co-Worker: (Now laughing with a huge smile) "Heres a tidbit for you, on July 7th I will be 18 years clean and sober." (Holds hand up for a high-five)

Matt: "I am so sorry"


Yep, I'm that asshole. I made the coke joke to a recovering addict.

Granted she laughed and seemed even happy to tell me she was getting ready to celebrate a milestone. But still...

My own ability to be that guy is really mind boggling sometimes.

No comments: